Level 3 Award in
Paediatric First Aid
From £595 + VAT
£69 + VAT
|For up to 12 people||Per person on our
blended learning open courses
First aid training for childcare settings…
- Paediatric First Aid training is a legal requirement in the childcare workplace setting. If you work in a nursery, school or childcare sector this course will provide you with all the first aid training skills you and your organisation require.
- Infinite Training Solutions’ Paediatric First Aid course gives nurseries, schools, day care centres and private child carers the best first aid training and can be delivered from one of our own training centres in either London, Bristol, Swansea or Sheffield, or from your own venue anywhere in the UK.
- Regulated by OFQUAL and recognised by OFSTED, the course complies with Level 3 regulations, which covers the legal requirements and is the most common level of certification in an early year’s environment. It is particularly useful for childminders, nurseries and school staff taking children on school trips.
- The 2-day training course will supply you with knowledge and practical training for dealing with medical emergencies such as child and infant resuscitation, childhood conditions, first aid in an early-years setting as well as other first aid skills relevant working for with infants, children and young people. The course is tailored to suit people working with minors of all ages.
- First aid incidents are serious enough with adults, but when working with dependants it can create a much more time critical situation and therefore it is vital for staff to be able to react professionally and accordingly.
Who needs this course?
This qualification is aimed at those working in an early years setting who require a paediatric first aid qualification to meet the early years foundation stage requirements.
The Level 3 Award in Paediatric First aid (RQF) is seen as the most common qualification for early years practitioners
The qualification is particularly useful where only one first aider may be available. For example:
- School staff on school trips
This qualification is typically delivered over 2 days.
Delivered from our London, Bristol, Swansea or Sheffield training centres or from your own suitable venue
From £595 per group booking + VAT for up to 12 delegates
Wallet sized First Aid card
Recognised certificate valid for 3 years
Comprehensive full colour, glossy first aid at work manual
Renewal notification prior to course expiry date
Optional updates and newsletter
This qualification has been developed to meet the first aid training requirements outlined by the EYFS.
The course includes:
- What is first aid?
- First aid in the early years setting
- Responsibilities of the first aider
- Primary survey
- Unconscious casualty management
- Child and infant resuscitation
- Wounds and Bleeding
- Minor burns
- Breathing disorders
- Head injuries
- Childhood conditions
- Allergic reactions
- Heat and cold
Great training as always, brilliant trainer. Made this mandatory training up beat and very informative. Highly recommend!
Excellent first aid provider
Infinite Training Solutions were great from beginning to end!! The booking process was easy and the lady on the phone answered all my questions and gave me the exact course I needed for my work place, the trainer on the day was smart, friendly and very professional, the course had plenty of practical input and kept us all engaged. One of the delegates has slight learning difficulties which we warned the company about upon booking, and the trainer was very patient , and they also passed which was amazing ,when the course was finished it didnt take long until we received the certificates, I will definitely be going back, from beginning to end it was professional, yet friendly and very good value for money!
What you need to know…
What should I consider when assessing first-aid needs?
Some small workplaces with low-level hazards may need the minimum provision for first aid. But there are circumstances and factors that will mean you need greater provision. You, as an employer, are well placed to decide the provision you need.
How many first-aiders do I need?
The findings of your first-aid needs assessment will help you decide how many first-aiders are required. There are no hard and fast rules on exact numbers and you will need to take into account all the relevant circumstances of your particular workplace.
Your employer is expected to have:
completed a first-aid needs assessment;
ensured that there is either an appointed person to take charge of first-aid arrangements or, if necessary, there are appropriate numbers of suitably trained first-aiders;
ensured their are adequate facilities and a suitable stocked first-aid box;
provided you with information about the first-ad arrangements.
In the event of injury or sudden illness, failure to provide first aid could result in a casualty’s death. The employer should ensure that an employee who is injured or taken ill at work receives immediate attention.
Is annual refresher training a mandatory requirement?
No. It is strongly recommended to employers to help trained first aiders maintain their basic skills and keep up to date with any changes in first-aid procedures.
HSE will prosecute in cases where there is a significant risk, a disregard for established standards or persistent poor compliance with the law.