Level 2 Award in
Introduction to First Aid for Mental Health (RQF)
From £795 + VAT
£95 + VAT
|For up to 16 people onsite face to face training||Per person on our virtual training courses|
Who needs this course?
The role of a first aider for mental health is to provide basic mental health support or to be the first response to someone in need, usually in the workplace.
The first aider for mental health is not clinically qualified to assess, diagnose or treat mental ill health but they will know the basic tools to listen to individuals who require first response support for their mental health.
This qualification can be taken by learners preparing to enter employment or by those who are already in employment.
The qualification time for this course is typically 2 days (12 hours). With virtual delivery, scheduled assessments, and blended learning options, this can be tailored to suit your needs.
From £795 + VAT per group bookings up to 16 delegates
Included as part of the course, you will receive:
- An accredited and regulated Mental Health at Work certificate valid for 3 years – e-certificates and traditional certificates as standard
- Wallet sized Mental Health card
- Comprehensive full colour, glossy Mental Health in the Workplace manual – either in digital format or traditional paper copy
- Renewal notification prior to course expiry date
- Optional updates and newsletter
What does it cover?
This qualification has been developed to meet the mental health training requirements recommended by the H.S.E and is delivered in a COVID secure, risk assessed environment
This is a knowledge-only qualification that provides underpinning knowledge and understanding in relation to the principles of first aid for mental health, recognising mental ill health in self and others, supporting mental wellbeing in the workplace, understanding how to promote a wellness culture in the workplace and the importance of resilience and self-care for first aiders for mental health.
A range of subjects are covered including:
- What is Mental Health First Aid?
- Identifying mental health conditions
- Providing advice and starting a conversation
- Mental health conditions
- Drugs and alcohol
- Mental health first aid action plan
- Mental Health First Aid in the workplace
- Post-traumatic stress disorder
- Eating disorders
- Personality disorders
- Bipolar disorder
“The course was relaxed, calm in nature which made it easier to take all info in and it felt comfortable demonstrating.”
“Friendly, welcoming trainer. Very knowledgeable, this is one of the best courses I have ever done!.”
Why choose Infinite Training?
- Live digital course delivery is one of the many new methods that we are utilising when delivering our qualifications. Learners can attend one of our virtual classrooms from the comfort of their own homes and enjoy an interactive and informative training session.
- Infinite Training Solutions Ltd have a comprehensive calendar of open virtual training courses, ensuring you can receive the quality training you require from the comfort of your own home or office. Our accredited courses are live streamed by one of our experienced instructors from our virtual classrooms. Here, you can interact with the instructor and fellow delegates, undertake individual and group tasks and observe visual presentations, demonstrations, and videos just as if you were in a classroom!
- Practical assessments are scheduled in at a time and date to suit you, where one of our trainers will assess your practical skills in one of our COVID secure venues at your location. Each learner receives an individual grading based on their performance.
- If you prefer face to face delivery, we can accommodate you. Our risk assessed, COVID secure socially distanced learning environments ensure learner and trainer safety.
- Prefer a combination of the two? Our blended learning courses provide the practicality of distance learning with the face to face practical assessments to complete your accredited qualification.
- We understand that one size does not fit all. All of our qualifications focus on the individual taking a course and ensuring each learner has a positive and proactive learning experience. On every qualification, each learner will receive an individual progress report, identifying strengths and weaknesses, areas of productivity and areas requiring further attention. This helps to establish confidence in the workplace, the right role for each learner and learning progression.
- Infinite Training Solutions Ltd recognises the need for real time information in order to maintain workplace continuity. Our instant results and certification protocols ensure the success of your learners is immediately made available to the people that need it when they need it.
- With prices starting from £45 per learner, now has never been a better time to ensure your staff and fully qualified and ready to return to work.
- Still not sure? Follow this link for further information on choosing a training provider: https://www.hse.gov.uk/firstaid/first-aid-training.htm